WHAT IS OBSERVE 520x SKIN ANALYSIS?Observe 520x is a state-of-the-art photographic technology that allows us to see what is going on in the deeper layers of your skin and to record the improvements your skin is making during a program of treatments.
There are 10 different observation modes which are used to completely analyse your skin health at all layers of the skin. This in-depth review of the skin allows both you and our specialists to be informed about your skin health and be aware of any irregularities that may be present. Following this, any necessary treatment can be recommended and discussed to best return the skin to a healthy balance.
The OBSERV 520X has 10 different observation modes:
- Daylight – the skin as seen in a controlled, natural daylight environment
- Surface Texture – reveals the skin’s textural topography
- Pigmentation – illustrates common skin tone irregularities such as sun damage, pigmentation, melasma and general colour variations
- Vascularity – illustrates the network of microvascular structures in the skin that lead to redness and visible facial flushing
- Parallel Polarised – an enhanced view of the skin’s surface, fine lines, micro-relief, wrinkles, texture and pores
- Cross Polarised – suppresses surface shine for an unobstructed view of dermal structures, vascular conditions, inflammations and pigmentation
- True UV – exposes skin abnormalities on the surface and in deeper skin layers’, creating distinguishable fluorescence patterns
- Simulated Woods Light – adjusts the spectrum of light to reveal diagnostic dimensions, such as skin dehydration and oiliness
- 360 Light – illustrates areas of volume on the face, showcasing results for age management treatments and dermal fillers
- 360 Grey – by blotting out any colour distractions, the 360 Grey mode exposes topographical signs of ageing
We would ask you to arrive at the salon with no makeup and if possible do not apply any product to the skin, this is so we can check true hydration levels. One of our trained therapists will then ask you to place your chin on a chin rest inside the scanner and close your eyes. Six lights will then flash and you will be told when you can open your eyes and remove your chin from the chin rest. Your results will be available instantly.
Pre / post Advanced Skin Treatment Photos £FOC (30 min)
Free of Charge to clients having advanced energy based facial treatments
Photographic Skin Analysis & Skin Care Recommendations £45 (60 min)
Photographic Skin Analysis Treatment & Skin Care Recommendations £75 (90 min)
Observ isn’t just used for diagnosis - it also provides us with the technology to track your treatment progress in more detail than ever before. We can now take photos at certain intervals of your treatment and compare them with those taken before, providing you with visual evidence that our treatment is doing exactly what we promised. This will be delivered directly to you via email. At Casabella, we promise to support you through every step of your skincare journey, making adjustments until you see results that you are happy with.
WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO TAKE THESE IMAGES REGULARLY?
Using the Observe 520x to take your images makes them directly comparable, meaning we rule out the differences that lighting and camera angles can make to photos. Side shots can also be taken by using the multi position chin rest which allows for three fixed face positions. Together we can compare images either from the same session or an earlier session allowing us to accurately track your skin's changes and progress.
Benefits of Skin Analysis
The Observ 520x can assess and diagnose a wide range of skin conditions, including:
- Pigmentation disorders
- Blocked pores
- Areas of keratinised skin
- Areas of poor circulation
- Dehydrated skin
- Vascular conditions
- Wrinkle formations
- Irritated skin
Frequently Asked Questions
About Observ 520x
Having your skin analysed by the OBSERV 520x skin scanner will help us tailor your treatment plan to meet your individual skin needs. The concerns that are diagnosed will be targeted with effective treatments, and a thorough understanding of your skin enables us to recommend the most effective home-care regime for you.
Is the procedure painful?
This scanner works by shining different lights at your face. The hardest part of the procedure is keeping your eyes closed whilst the Observ does its job!
Is it available to everyone?
The Observ Skin Scanner is available to anyone and everyone. However, if you are sensitive to light or have epilepsy, we would recommend contacting your doctor before the consultation.